Error 1001: Exception occurred while initializing the installation
Error Message on Install:
Error 1001: Exception occurred while initializing the installation.
System.Argument Exception: String cannot have a zero length
- Copy and paste %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp into a windows navigation window
- Search the folder for RWSThree files can be present:
RWSCleanup.dll, RWSCleanup.InstallState, and RWSCleanup.txt.
- Delete all three and then run the install again*Deleting the files will not impact existing installations
- During installation of the native install on a Windows platform the error is thrown when the install is at the "removing backup files" point.
- The error is caused by files left over from a previous, installation. These files are located in C:\Users\[THEUSER]\AppData\Local\Temp